How To Take Contact Backup in Gmail or Google Account
Hello Readers and welcome to our other great article. So today in this article we will learn how to Take Contact Backup in Gmail and get rid of the difficult task like remembering contact numbers forever.
What is a Contact Number
A contact number is a unique number for contacting a person by telephone communication. Which are mostly 10 to 12 digits, through which we can connect a person directly through his contact number, even if he is sitting in any corner of the world.
A person’s personal or personal information by which another person, business, or institution can be used to access the person. For example, a company database may contain the private and public contact information of its employees for purposes of accessing an employee for various reasons. It can also be used to indicate a person.
As we all know that a contact number is a unique number of about 10 to 12 digits. It varies from person to person. It is very difficult to remember them in the human mind.
If we try to remember too, we can remember at least a few numbers. Normally we remember the contact number of our family members, but it is almost impossible to remember the number of friends, relatives, neighbors, employees working in the office, etc.
What data is inside the contact?
In a contact number, we can keep the name of a person with an address, alternate mobile number, email ID, etc. on our phone.
In this way, when you want to contact a person, find the name of that person in the phone number directory and you can easily contact it with one click.
Why save contacts in Google?
To save a contact number, we either keep it safe by writing it in a notebook or on paper. Which is afraid of being destroyed over time.
Either then nowadays we can keep the number safe in our smartphone, but if the phone is dead or stolen, then in that case the loss of contact numbers saved in the phone may have to be suffered.
Therefore, to keep the contact numbers always secure, it should be stored on cloud storage i.e. on an online Server such as Google, Outlook iCloud, Mi cloud, etc.
Benefits of Creating Contact Backup in Gmail.
As we are talking about saving contacts on Google in this post. The biggest advantage of saving contacts on Gmail is that the risk of loss of contact numbers is negligible. All you have to do is always remember the ID password of your Gmail account.
And if your phone is lost, died, or stolen, then in that case, when you take another phone and login to the same Google account in which you had previously secured the contact number. And as soon as you log in to the account after that all your contacts will come on the phone. Which are secure forever on Google servers.
Check Where are my Contacts Stored on Android?
So first of all, we need to check where all the contact numbers are stored on your Phone.
It is mostly selected by default settings on the internal storage of the phone. So let’s first see where all our contacts are being stored.
- For this, open the Dialer App on the home screen of the phone
- Then go to the Contacts option
- Then click on the top three points in the right end and select the Settings option.
- Now press the configure contact list.
- On the next screen, you will be able to see how many numbers are Save at which place. As you can see in our screenshot. Numbers of 75 people are safe on Google Account and 118 in SIM 1.
How to Backup or Save Contacts on Gmail
Now it comes to how to save our contact numbers on Google or Gmail
Through Backup & Reset Option:
- For this, we have to go to the settings of our phone and after that now choose the About Phone option.
After this, open the Backup & Reset option
Then in the Google Backup and Reset option, turn on Backup My Data.
- After that go to Google account and click on Backup now.
By doing this, backup of all your data such as Apps and Apps Data, Call history, Contacts, Device settings, SMS, Photos, and Videos, etc. will be made automatically from time to time and saved from Google Drive.
How To Save Mannualy Contact On Google or Gmail:
Like here we are talking about contact backup and if you want to save only and only contacts on Google or Gmail, then I am going to show you how to manually save contacts on Google
So, how do we manually save Contact on Google? We tell you in a few easy steps.
- First, open the Dialer App.
- Then go to the Contacts section.
- Click on the three points which are located on the right side upwards as shown in the image.
- Now click on Import/Export option.
- In the next step, you will be asked to choose where your contact is located from where you want to choose the contact number and save it on Gmail.
I am telling you to save contacts on Gmail from the internal storage of the phone. For this, first of all, we have to export all the contacts in a VCF file. Then that file has to be imported to Google account.
Create a VCF file:
- To export Vcf go to the Import / Export option.
- Then choose Export to Storage.
- Proceed to the next step by pressing OK
- After this, a .vcf file will be created and exported to the phone’s internal storage.
Let’s Import Contact ( .vcf file ) On Goggle:
To save the exported vcf file (contact backup file) on Google, we need to select Import from storage in the Import / Export option.
- Then after that in the next step select your Google account on which you want to import.
- After a few seconds, the system will find that file from the internal storage of the phone and display its name.
- Now you have to select the subject file and press the OK button, just.
To understand this contact backup in Gmail easily and with pictures, visit our post –
I just hope that you liked this post, and it must have helped you in some way.
And you must have understood every single line given by me, yet if there is any doubt related to this article then please tell us by commenting.